Business coaching has become in recent years a widely used technique within organizations due to the good results it offers . In fact, according to a survey conducted by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) , 96% of companies that have introduced this method would repeat its application in the future.
Business coaching: concept and benefits
According to the ICF, business coaching is “ a reflective and creative accompaniment process with clients that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential”.
In this sense, the international organization maintains that this methodology provides advantages for both the coachee and the organization:
- For individuals :
- For companies :
How to apply business coaching
The business coaching expert developed in 1996 the keys to a correct application of business coaching by companies. In this sense, it establishes that the business coaching process should be governed by the following guidelines :
- Clarity . Communication between the coach and the coachee must be clear and precise, continually confirming that all the information exchanged is correctly understood. Otherwise, the professional will not be able to advance in his development if he does not understand the instructions of the coach, while the latter will not be able to help the coachee if he is not able to understand his expectations or fears.
- Feedback . Business coaching is based on a deep exchange of information between the participant and the professional, so constant feedback must be carried out between both.
- Empathy . A good coach must be highly empathetic to know the circumstances in which the student finds himself. Each coachee will present a particular situation and it is essential that the expert knows how to recognize fears, hopes, challenges, etc. of each individual, without prejudice or assumptions.
- Confidence . In order for both subjects to get to the bottom of the matter, the interaction between coach and coachee must be based on full trust, so that the worker can be honest and show their true concerns to the professional.
- Confidentiality. To create these bonds of respect, the information that is disclosed in business coaching sessions must be completely confidential, thus avoiding that trust is broken.
- Tenacity. Business coaching does not have a pre-established duration, as it will depend on the rhythm of each subject. Hence, the coach must adapt to the circumstances and capacities of the participant, allowing him to evolve based on them.
- Support for. The expert must reinforce the assistant’s self-esteem and resolve their doubts throughout the process so that the employee can evolve in the achievement of their objectives and get the best of themselves.
How to motivate unmotivated employees
When it comes to successful business operation, it is essential to have satisfied and motivated employees in their work. Motivating unmotivated employees is not always an easy task. To achieve this, it is necessary to know the specific causes that act to discourage them, as well as to know the measures that must be implemented and which are the most appropriate to correct this problem.
How to know if an employee is unmotivated
- Is usually late
- Decreases its effectiveness
- Resists change
- Has conflicts with peers
- Does not collaborate with the team
- Complains constantly about his job
- Leave tasks half done
- Is always in a bad mood
- Does not participate in activities outside of work
- He is only motivated by the salary
Demotivation within a work team is a problem for a company. Having motivated workers is essential for productivity. If we have happy people in our company, they will work harder and better.